NYCDOE COVID-19 Updates
DOE Fall 2022 COVID-19 Guidance
- Daily Health Screener: No longer required to enter school buildings
- Daily Temperature Checks: No longer required to enter school buildings
- Masking- Face coverings are strongly recommended to be worn when indoors.
- Masks will be made available at the school for all those who need/want them.
- Stay home if sick: Students and staff should stay home if they show any symptoms of COVID-19 or other illnesses and get tested for COVID-19.
- Isolate if COVID-19 positive: Students and staff who test positive for COVID-19 must isolate for 5 days and can return to school on day 6 if they have no symptoms or symptoms are improving. They must wear mask until day 10 after symptom onset or date of positive test, whichever is earlier.
- Get tested if exposed to COVID-19: Students and staff who are exposed to COVID-19 should get tested.
- Vaccination Requirements:
- Vaccination is still required for all visitors entering school buildings
- Vaccination is still required for all DOE employees
- Vaccination is still required for other individuals who work in DOE buildings
- Vaccinations is still required to participate in high-risk extracurricular activities including high-risk PSAL sports
* Subject to change based on NYC DOE guidance.
Providing Consent for COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing of students (grades 1 through 12) and staff is an important part of how New York City is protecting our school communities. In order for your child to participate in the in-school COVID testing program, it is important that you provide consent.